Ecamm Live Manual
What can Ecamm Live do?
Ecamm Live is a macOS app designed to give you tremendous control over live streaming, with special capabilities for Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Amazon Live, Twitter Live, LinkedIn Live, Twitch, and Restream.io. Ecamm Live can broadcast to any streaming service that uses RTMP streaming.
Why would you choose to use a Mac app to live stream, when you can stream straight from your web browser, or mobile device? Because Ecamm Live gives you superpowers…
- Stream to up to 10 destinations simultaneously.
- All streams are automatically recorded to your Mac.
- Schedule Facebook, YouTube Live or LinkedIn Live broadcasts.
- Conduct live video interviews with up to 10 remote guests. (Up to 4 guests on Intel-based Macs.)
- Record individual audio and video tracks to your Mac.
- Add text, scrolling tickers, images, countdowns, PDFs and animations to your broadcast as overlays, on-the-fly, or build them ahead of time.
- When broadcasting to Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Amazon Live, Restream, and Twitch view a live feed of your comments and reactions.
- Send your production into other Mac apps via Ecamm’s Virtual Camera and Virtual Mic.
- Add viewer comments to your broadcast. Simply drag them onto the window and they appear automatically as overlays.
- Use external video sources including HDMI sources, Canon DSLRs, NDI inputs and more.
- Switch easily between all video sources with a click or keyboard shortcut.
- Share your screen: put any window, app, or display from your Mac right into your stream. This also enables the use of presentation software, such as Apple Keynote, or Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Roll pre-recorded video files into your broadcast.
- Play music and sound effects in your broadcast.
- Use a green screen to add a digital backdrop.
- Add Picture-in-picture video to your stream.
- Set the shape of your stream: go wide, tall, or square.
- Create Scenes, which are preset groups of almost any of the above features, which you can trigger with a click or keyboard shortcut.
- You can also record a video without broadcasting. Great for practicing, or pre-recording presentations.
Incredible, right? Must be difficult? Challenge accepted.
- A Mac manufactured in 2015 or newer. We don’t recommend using a MacBook Air with Ecamm Live.
- A microphone (All Macs other than Mac Mini have a built-in microphone.)
- A compatible video camera (including built-in webcams.)
- macOS 10.14 or newer
- An internet connection with an upload speed of at least 2 Mbps.
- A 6 Mbps upload speed is required for HD quality 1080p video streaming.
- To broadcast to streaming services, you must have an account with that service.
- To host using Interview mode, we recommend at least a 10 Mbps internet connection.
- An Apple Silicon (M1 or M2) Mac is required for isolated video recording.
- Intel-based Macs are limited to 4 Interview guests. (Apple Silicon Macs support up to 10 guests.)
Installing Ecamm Live
Double-click on the Ecamm Live app icon. Ecamm Live will offer to move itself to the Applications folder if needed.
Uninstalling Ecamm Live
To uninstall Ecamm Live, drag the app’s icon to the trash icon in the Mac’s Dock area.