What can Ecamm Live do?
Ecamm Live is a macOS app designed to give you tremendous control over live streaming, with special capabilities for Facebook Live, YouTube Live and Periscope. Ecamm Live can broadcast to any streaming service that uses RTMP technology. Compatible services including Twitch, restream.io, Wowza, and others.
Why would you choose to use a Mac app to live stream, when you can stream straight from your web browser, or mobile device? Because Ecamm Live gives you superpowers…
- Create Text and Graphics overlays atop your broadcast, on-the-fly, or build them ahead of time.
- When broadcasting to Facebook Live, YouTube Live and Periscope, view a live feed of your comments and reactions.
- Add viewer comments to your broadcast. Simply drag them onto the window and they appear automatically as overlays.
- Conduct live video interviews with as many as 5 remote guests via Skype (requires Ecamm Call Recorder for Skype).
- Use external video sources. including HDMI sources, and Canon DSLRs. Switch easily between all video sources with a click or keyboard shortcut.
- Share your screen: put any window, app, or display from your Mac right into your stream. This also enables the use of presentation software, such as Apple Keynote, or Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Roll local video files right into your broadcast.
- Create Picture-in-picture video boxes on top of your stream.
- Set the shape of your stream: go wide, tall, or square.
- Create Scenes, which are preset groups of almost any of the above features, which you can trigger with a click or keyboard shortcut.
- Schedule Facebook and YouTube Live broadcasts from within the app.
- All streams are automatically recorded to a file on your Mac.
- You can also record a video without broadcasting. Great for practicing, or pre-recording presentations.
Incredible, right? Must be difficult? Challenge accepted.
- A Mac
- A microphone
- A compatible video camera (including built-in webcams)
- macOS 10.11 or newer
- An internet connection with an upload speed of at least 1 Mbps.
- 4 Mbps is required for HD quality.
- A Mac with hardware-accelerated video encoding (most Macs manufactured after 2010).
- To broadcast to streaming services, you must have an account with that service.
Installing Ecamm Live
Double-click on the Ecamm Live app icon. Ecamm Live will offer to move itself to the Applications folder if needed.
Uninstalling Ecamm Live
To uninstall Ecamm Live, drag the app’s icon to the trash icon in the Mac’s Dock area.